Skip to Navigation
Baldwin Wallace University    
  Jul 26, 2017
2013-2014 University Catalog [ARCHIVED CATALOG]

Education: Middle Childhood (4-9), B.S.Ed.

Return to: Majors, Minors and Other Academic Programs


Minimum professional education credits required: 47

For a Middle Childhood Education license, a student must major in Middle Childhood Education, and earn a baccalaureate degree, including the prescribed program of general education, and professional education. In addition, the student must also take the required courses in two of the following teaching fields:

  • Reading and Language Arts* (30 hours) (3.0 GPA required)
  • Mathematics* (24 hours) (2.5 GPA required)
  • Science* (24 hours) (2.6 GPA required)
  • Social Studies* (21 hours) (2.6 GPA required)


The degree earned with a major in middle childhood education is a Bachelor of Science in Education (B.S.Ed.).

*Teaching fields qualify as minors for middle childhood majors.

See Division of Education  for REQUIRED courses in each area.

Return to: Majors, Minors and Other Academic Programs

Skip Navigation