Sep 28, 2022
Minimum professional education credits required: 42
For multi-age licenses, a student majors in an academic area and completes courses required for license. Degrees offered include B.A., B.S., and B.M.E., depending upon major.
Basic professional education course requirements:
Include the following courses and their credit hour values:
- PSY 325 - Adolescent Development, 4 credit hours
- EDU 101X - Introduction to Education and Teaching, 3 credit hours
- EDU 103DX - Education of Children with Special Needs, 2 credit hours
- EDU 114 - 21st Century Productivity Tools, 1 credit hour
- EDU 201 - Teaching Strategies and Management Skills, 3 credit hours
- EDU 206 - Introduction to Adolescent Education, 2 credit hours
- EDU 211D - Exploring Education in a Diverse Society, 3 credit hours
- EDU 214 - Media Resources for the Education Professional, 2 credit hours
- EDU 314 - 21st Century Classroom Technology, 1 credit hour
- EDU 340 - Assessment and Data Literacy, 3 credit hours
- EDU 348 - Reading in the Content Area, 3 credit hours
- EDU 350-357 - Special Methods in Adolescent Young Adult/Multi-age Teaching Field, 3/4 credit hours
- EDU 490 - Clinical Practice, Multi-Age Education, 9 credit hours
- EDU 492 - Senior Capstone Seminar, 3 credit hours
*Completing Multi-Age requirements constitutes a minor in Education.
Multi-Age Education (prekindergarten through twelve): Foreign Languages-French, German, Spanish; Health; Music; Physical Education; andd Visual Arts.
See School of Education for REQUIRED courses in each area.
Music Education candidates have a professional education program that varies from the program listed here. See Music Education for details.
To earn an additional license in Mild/Moderate Educational Needs, the Multi-Age Education candidate must complete the following sequence of courses:
- EDU 204 - Phonics and Spelling Development, 3 credit hours
- EDU 274 - Introduction to Students with Mild/Moderate Educational Needs, 3 credit hours
- EDU 276 - Behavioral Management for Students with Mild/Moderate Educational Needs, 3 credit hours
- EDU 334 - Diagnostic and Remedial Reading Methods, 3 credit hours
- EDU 343 - Literacy Instruction with Adolescents, 3 credit hours
- EDU 347 - Mathematics Instruction in Middle Childhood Education, 3 credit hours
- EDU 377 - Assessment for Students with Mild/Moderate Educational Needs, 3 credit hours
- EDU 394 - Remediation Across the Curriculum, 3 credit hours
- EDU 475 - Professional Collaboration and Transition Development, 3 credit hours
- EDU 415 - Clinical Practice in Mild/Moderate Educational Needs, 5 credit hours (1/2 semester)
- EDU 419 - Clinical Practice in Adolescent Young Adult/Multi-Age Education, 4 credit hours (1/2 semester)